Come and join Lucy Powell’s Team as her Executive Assistant!
One of the main responsibilities of the role is to manage Lucy’s diary- both in Manchester and in London. The ideal candidate should be somebody who is very well organised and able to manage a busy diary with competing priorities. The ability to work with others in the team is essential but the role holder will need to take overall responsibility for planning Lucy’s time and prioritising engagements.
Other responsibilities include providing administrative support to Lucy including processing incoming correspondence and office budgeting and expenses.
A list of responsibilities is listed below. If you have any questions please email email@example.com
- Manage Member’s diary commitments with overall control of constituency commitments
- Database management and using office software (e.g. Microsoft Office) to handle administrative cases
- Deal with complex queries and complaints on the MPs’ behalf, including drafting and signing letters, responding to social media and email enquiries, as well as managing face to face queries and complaints
- Efficient data and file management to ensure the office complies with the data protection legislation
- Engage professionally, confidentially and with care and integrity with members of the public, through a variety of methods
- Ensure enquiries are dealt with sensitively and confidentially Manage and monitor incoming calls, face to face enquiries, emails and social media enquiries, dealing with cases that do not need to be transferred to a caseworker.
- Ensure all enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner
- Manage budgets as required
- Minute taking
- Provide administrative management in relation to MP’s expenses scheme via IPSA Online Provide executive support to the MP and interest groups as required
- Resource and project management responsibilities
- Supervise staff as required
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally
- Update social media and online presence content
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 October 2023
Interviews to take place within 2 weeks of the closing date. Start date is as soon as possible.
To apply email an up to date CV of no more than 2 sides and a cover letter of up to 500 words to firstname.lastname@example.org . Due to the volume of anticipated applications it is not possible to offer detailed feedback to applicants who are not shortlisted.
Applications are accepted for London and Manchester based applicants. The role is offered full time but part time applications will be considered.